Let’s face it; life can feel overwhelming and painful sometimes.
When you’re feeling stuck, frustrated, and tired of how your life and relationships are going, change can often feel impossible.
You may be spinning your wheels thinking, “This just isn’t how life was supposed to be for me”, you may be feeling like you just can’t talk about what’s really going on for you with friends and family anymore, or you may even imagine that there’s something wrong with you for feeling this way.
You might be emotionally exhausted, confused, and maybe even a little desperate for someone to help show you the way through but the act of choosing a therapist – one who will really get you and your issues – feels overwhelming, too.
I get it. I’ve been there, too. This is such a hard place to be in.
I’m sorry you’re having to go through this tough time.
But you know what the good news is?
What I know – both personally and professionally – is that it is possible to move through these painful periods in life and to actually use them to get clearer and make aligned moves towards the life you actually dream about for yourself.
And you definitely don’t have to go through this alone.
If you want to create lasting change in your life and move closer to the life you envision for yourself, beginning therapy with me can be the perfect place to start.
Because psychotherapy is a process of inner exploration leading to deeper understanding of how you relate to yourself, to others, and to the world in general.
By working together, you and I will be able heal old emotional wounds, uncover and understand any self-destructive patterns and behaviors that are playing out for you and replace them with new, more supportive behaviors and beliefs that will help you move closer to the life you envision for yourself.
Though therapy doesn’t come with guaranteed results, you can absolutely imagine that some of the benefits of therapy include:
- Relief from anxiety, depression, and chronic worry;
- Clarity about you truly want versus what you think you should want and the courage and capacity to make any big decisions facing you;
- More connection and greater ease in your relationships, especially when it comes to effectively communicating and navigating differences with loved ones;
- Freedom and relief from self-sabotaging behaviors and addictions, and a genuine sense of feeling better in your own skin;
- An increased capacity to resiliently handle the inevitable tough stuff of life;
- Ability to finally move forward after big losses;
- And an everyday life that includes more ease, more joy, and an increased sense of aliveness. A life that, instead of looking good on the outside, actually feels good on the inside.
Truly, you and I working together in weekly therapy sessions can have a profound and transformative impact on nearly every aspect of your life.
If you are ready to book a session with me, it’s really easy.
I see therapy clients exclusively through my therapy center – Evergreen Counseling.
And, I know that choosing the “right” therapist can sometimes feel overwhelming and confusing and I want to help you make this decision and feel totally at ease about booking a session with me which is why I encourage you to check out my specialties below, my bio, my FAQ’s, my testimonials, and my blog.
After this, if you’re still not sure if I’m the right therapist for you, please feel free to call me at 510.373.2723 or contact me here to set up a 20-minute consult call so I can answer any remaining questions you have.
And, what’s more, if it turns out that I’m not the best therapist match for you, I guarantee you that I’ll provide with you additional referrals to other therapists who may be a good fit.
Finally, I want you to know that I’m truly honored that you’re considering me as a support in your life at this time.
I look forward to hearing from you and to helping you.
I work with adolescents on issues such as:
- Academic pressure, easing college application and career-planning overwhelm.
- Body image issues, eating disorders, body acceptance.
- Depression, anxiety.
- Improving relationships and conflict management with family.
- Navigating peer relationships, feeling different and socially isolated.
- Life post-divorce, death of a parent, adjusting to stepfamilies.
I work with adults on issues such as:
- Unsatisfying relationships (with significant others, family, friends, and co-workers).
- Career dissatisfaction and confusion around life purpose.
- Feeling terrible in your body and issues with food.
- Major life transitions (such as loss of job, breakups, divorce, death of a loved one, and career transitions).
- General anxiety, stress, and overwhelm.
- Infertility and/or deciding on whether or not you want to have children.
Couples & Families.
- For Couples: Communication challenges; Dealing with and healing a lack of intimacy; Getting on the same page about the big stuff and the small stuff of life.
- For Families: Supporting everyone in adjusting to major life milestones (entering high school, going to college, new babies); adjusting to life post-divorce, co-parenting, and blending new families together; Improving communication and conflict management between parents and daughters.
Connect with Annie